Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Communication....

If i do not want what you want, please try not to tell me my want is wrong.

Or if i believe other than u, at least pause before u correct my view.

Or if my emotion is less than urs, or more, given the same circumstances,
try not to ask me to feel more strongly or weakly.

Or yet, if i act or fail to act, in the manner of your design for action, let me be.

I do not, for the moment at least, ask you to understand me. Tht will come only when you are willing to give changing me into a copy of u.

I maybe ur frnd, ur colleague, ur offspring. If u allow me any of my own wants, or emotions, or belief, or actions, then u open urself, so tht some day these ways of mine might not seem so wrong, and might just finally appear to u as right-for me.

To put up wid me is the first step to understanding me.
Not tht you embrace my views as right for u, but tht u are no longer irritated or dissapointed with me for my seeming waywardness.
And in understanding me. u might come to prize my differences from u.
And far frm seeking to change me, preserve me and even nurture those differences.

This way, sumday, maybe we can Communicate...

0 comments:

Post a Comment